Monday 10 June 2013

Never underestimate a sindhi


Wandho Mal , the Sindhi was bragging to his boss one day, "You know that
I know everyone there is to know in this world! Why don't you simply
believe me? OK...Just name someone, I mean anyone and I shall show you, that I know them!"

Tired of Wandho Mal 's constant bragging, his boss called his bluff, "OK, Wandho Mal. How about Tom Cruise?"

"Sure - yes. Tom and I are old friends. I can prove it."

So Wandho Mal and his boss fly out to Hollywood and knock on Tom
Cruise's door, and sure enough, Tom Cruise shouts, " Wandho Mal! Great to see you! You and your friend come right in and join me for lunch!"

Although impressed, Wandho Mal 's boss is still sceptical. After they leave Cruise's house, he tells Wandho Mal that he thinks, knowing Cruise was just lucky.

“No ..... No...... No! Just name anyone else", Wandho Mal says.

"President Obama" his boss quickly retorts.

“Ah - Yes, Obama?” Wandho Mal says, "Of course, I know him. Let us fly out to Washington". And off they go.

At the White House, Obama spots Wandho Mal on the tour and motions him and his boss over, saying, " Wandha Mala ! What a surprise!!! I was just
on my way to a meeting. But you and your friend come on in and let's have a cup of coffee first and catch up".

Well, the boss is shaken by now, but still not totally convinced.

After they leave the White House grounds, he expresses his doubts to Wandho Mal who again implores him to name anyone else.

"The Pope" his boss replies.

"Sure! Why not?” says Wandho Mal.

Wandho Mal and his boss fly off to The Vatican. They are assembled with the masses in Vatican Square when Wandho Mal says, " This will never
work. I can't catch the Pope's eye among all these people. Tell you what, I know all the guards, so let me just go upstairs and I'll come out on the balcony with the Pope!"
So he disappears into the crowd, headed toward the Vatican. Sure enough, half an hour later Wandho Mal emerges with the Pope on the
balcony. But by the time Wandho Mal returns, he finds that his boss has had a minor heart attack and is surrounded by paramedics.

Working his way to his boss' side, Wandho Mal asks him, "What happened?"

His boss looks up and says, "I was doing fine until you and the Pope came out on the balcony. At that moment, the man next to me said, "Who is that on the balcony, with Wandho Mal ?"


Moral of the story - NEVER EVER underestimate a Sindhi!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment